Skip to Primary Content

Powers Pet Emergency & Specialty

Dog Looking Left with Owner at a Park

New Client Center

Powers Welcomes New Clients to Our Family!

Where family pets and compassionate care meet.

A veterinary professional holding a dog and cat

New Clients

We value your time and want to make your visit to Powers as efficient as possible. If this is your first visit, for your convenience you may download, complete, and bring our forms with you below to your pet’s appointment.

Our Specialty Practice

Consultations to see one of Powers’ veterinary specialists are accepted by referral from your primary care veterinarian and by appointment. Please call (719) 473-0482 to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.

And remember, in case of a medical emergency, you never need an appointment. We’re here for you and your pet 24/7. We do recommend that you give us a call first, if possible, to ensure we’re prepared for your arrival and if you need help bringing your pet inside.

Documents & Forms

For your convenience, you may fill out the forms online to be sent directly to the practice. Alternatively, you may complete the appropriate form prior to arrival by downloading it here. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet.

Guide Dog Looking at Camera


Here are some resources you may find useful in taking care of your pet. And remember—the Powers team is always here for you, and we’re just a phone call or email away.


Pet Health Insurance

Lost Pets

If you have lost a pet, or found a pet someone else has lost, contact the Humane Society of Pikes Peak Region at (719) 473-1741.

A veterinarian and pet parent talking while holding the pet

What Makes a Veterinarian a Specialist?

A board-certified veterinary specialist is a veterinarian who has completed additional training in a specific area of veterinary medicine and has passed a comprehensive examination that evaluates their knowledge and skills in that specialty area.

Education & Training

The education and training to become a veterinary specialist is rigorous and while there are slight variations for each discipline, it typically includes:

  • 4 years of undergraduate school

  • 4 years of veterinary school

  • A 1-year internship

  • A 2- to 3-year residency in a chosen specialty

Financial Assistance

  • CareCredit - A credit card exclusively for healthcare expenses.

Our Sister Animal Hospitals

Cat Clinic

Carefree Cats

Open Mondays - Fridays.

4810 Old Farm Drive, Suite 100

Colorado Springs, Co 80917

(719) 573-1670

Visit Website >


Tri-Lakes Animal Emergency Care

Open nights, weekends, holidays.

1150 West Baptist Rd, Suite 130

Colorado Springs, CO  80921

(719) 434-1118

Visit Website >

Frequently Asked Questions

The entire Powers team is here to be of service to your and your pet. If you have a question, concern, or comment, simply let us know.

In the meantime, here are some answers to frequently asked questions that we hope you’ll find helpful:

What advice can I receive over the phone?

Without an established doctor/patient-client relationship, and without doing a physical exam, there are legal limits to how much advice we can give over the phone.

We’ll do our best to guide you as to whether your pet should be seen on an emergency basis, or if it can wait until your pet can be seen by your regular veterinarian.

What do I need to bring if I come in for an exam?

You and your pet. If it’s your first at Powers, it’s helpful if you also bring a completed new client form so you don’t have to spend time filling it out when you’re here. 

Your veterinarian may also give you diagnostic test results to bring with you as well. Any medication your pet is currently taking should be brought in with the original packaging and dosing information.

What happens after the exam?

Our experienced emergency veterinarian(s) will recommend a treatment plan tailored to your pet’s specific health needs. When the veterinarian discusses your pet's care with you, they will also talk about the cost of that care. We do our best to work within the budget you establish. Payment is due at the time of service.

When you and the doctor agree on a treatment plan, a deposit will be required. Once care is completed, any balance due is payable upon discharge.

What are my options for paying for my pet’s care?

At Powers, we accept the following forms of payment:

  • All major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover)

  • Cash and local check

  • CareCredit (a healthcare credit card)

What if I have financial concerns?

We understand that veterinary care can be an unexpected expense. If paying for care is a hardship, we recommend that you look into Harley’s Hope Foundation or any organizations that help financially strapped pet parents deal with major veterinary costs.

Please let our team know of your limitations. We’ll do our very best to provide care commensurate with the resources available.

If my pet passes away at home, what are my options?

If you want to have your pet cremated, Powers provides this service. We also will make an ink paw print of your beloved pet’s paw at no charge. You may also bury your pet on your private property.

What should I do if I find—or lose—a pet?

Always contact the Humane Society of Pikes Peak Region at (719) 473-1741.

If you’ve found a lost pet outside of the Humane Society’s regular business hours, you can bring the animal to our facility to hold until the Humane Society can pick it up, since we’re open 24/7.

Who should I contact about injured wildlife?

Contact the Wild Forever Foundation at 475-Wild.